Job Title: QC Technician
Employment Status: Full-Time
Preferred Work Schedule: 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Saturday-Sunday and 12:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Monday-Wednesday; ability to work overtime and different shifts when needed.
Reports to: QC Supervisor
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.00 – $22.00 per hour
Work Location: One location
Position Summary: Responsible for accurately testing and approving incoming raw materials and manufactured products, according to standard procedures and specifications. Ensures quality through testing and inspecting at various stages of the production process and compiles and evaluates statistical data to determine and maintain quality. Assist production and R&D departments when required.
- Perform all quality control tests on raw materials and manufactured products in a timely and accurate manner per established guidelines and frequencies.
- Perform Quality Assurance tasks (weigh out verification, raw material receiving, and general GMP inspections) to assure blended products meet quality and food safety expectations.
- Collection of samples (Raw Materials, Validation, In-process and Finished product samples) for analytical testing.
- Calibration, Cleaning and Maintenance of the laboratory equipment and instruments.
- Ensures the QC support in Manufacturing (Environment Monitoring) and Cleaning Verification/Validation process.
- Follow established health and safety procedures and policies.
- Perform LAL testing when needed and perform basic microbiological techniques.
- Contribute to laboratory cleanliness and biohazard removal.
- Assists and coordinates the samples send to external laboratory for testing.
- Assists validations, studies and routine tests product development.
- Assists in OOS investigations, root cause analysis, and corrective action development.
- Maintenance of Laboratory inventory.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned by Quality Control Supervisor.
- This is not meant to be a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, and responsibilities. These items may change or new items may be assigned with or without notice.
Experience and Education Requirements
- High School Graduate or Equivalent Required
- Bachelor’s Degree (Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology) preferred
- Proven Analytical Lab or Quality Control Lab experience
- Lab Skills Experience – pipetting, measuring, caliper (Required)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s) Required
- Familiar with Food Safety, Pharmacopeia’s and/or Regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of effective and safe laboratory and experimental procedures
- Knowledge of the proper use and preparation of chemicals and reagents
- Strong working knowledge of various mathematical concepts including fractions, ratios, and proportions
- Requires strong analytical ability to handle data and results
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent Oral and Written English communication skills
- Fluent in Microsoft Office word, Excel and PowerPoint
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Laboratory experience: 1 year (Preferred)