Job Title: Quality Control Technician
Employment Status: Full-Time
Work Schedule: Swing / Grave
Reports to: Quality Control Supervisor
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
Position Summary: QC Technician is responsible for accurately testing and approving incoming raw materials and manufactured products, according to standard procedures and specifications. Ensures quality through testing and inspecting at various stages of the production process and compiles and evaluates statistical data to determine and maintain quality. Assist production and R&D departments when required.
- Perform all quality control tests on raw materials and manufactured products in a timely and accurate manner per established guidelines and frequencies.
- Perform quality control tests and inspections on device production (First Piece Inspection).
- Perform in-process audits throughout the course of the shift to verify compliance to both internal procedures and customer specifications.
- Familiar with Food Safety, Pharmacopeia’s and/or Regulatory requirements.
- Contribute to laboratory cleanliness and biohazard removal.
- Collection of samples (Raw Materials, Validation, In-process and Finished product samples) for analytical testing.
- Assists validations, studies and routine tests product development.
- Calibration, Cleaning and Maintenance of the laboratory equipment and instruments.
- Ensures the QC support in Manufacturing (Environment Monitoring) and Cleaning Verification/Validation process.
- Assists in OOS investigations, root cause analysis, and corrective action development.
- Maintenance of Laboratory inventory.
- Assists and coordinates the samples send to external laboratory for testing.
- Able to work all shifts (Day, Swing and Grave) and overtime as needed.
- Follow established health and safety procedures and policies.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned by Quality Control Supervisor.
This is not meant to be a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, and responsibilities. These items may change or new items may be assigned with or without notice.
Experience and Education Requirements
- High School Graduate or equivalent required. Bachelor’s Degree (Chemistry, Biology, or Microbiology) preferred.
- Proven Analytical Lab or Quality Control Lab experience.
- Lab Skills Experience – pipetting, measuring, caliper (Required).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s) Required
- Knowledge of effective and safe laboratory and experimental procedures.
- Knowledge of the proper use and preparation of chemicals and reagents.
- Strong working knowledge of various mathematical concepts including fractions, ratios, and proportions.
- Requires strong analytical ability to handle data and results.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent Oral and Written English communication skills.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office word, Excel and PowerPoint.
The physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Modified “light duty” restrictions may be arranged as needed and when available for job-related injuries or illnesses.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk, and stand; lift/carry/push/pull under 10 pounds; use hands repetitively for writing, keyboarding, and grasping/holding. The employee is occasionally required to lift/carry/push/pull up to 20 pounds; twist/turn; reach outward and over shoulders, and bend and squat.
Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Acute hearing is necessary for telephone and in-person communication with customers and fellow employees, and visual acuity sufficient to read a computer screen and paper documents.
This position typically functions in a combination of an office and plant environment; there will be exposure to moderate noise levels, fumes, dust, chemicals, heat/cold and allergens especially in plant/warehouse environment.
EEO Policy Statement:
Gusmer Enterprises, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Gusmer will also consider requests for reasonable accommodations made by applicants and employees on an individualized basis, including those based on disabilities and sincerely-held religious beliefs, where such accommodations do not impose an undue burden on the business. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.