Job Title: Production Supervisor – Grave
Employment Status: Full-Time
Work Schedule: Gave Shift, Sunday Night – Thursday Night with as needed weekends
Reports to: Director of Production Operations
Supervisory Responsibilities: Production Personnel
Supervises daily production activities to ensure smooth workflow, quality production,
timely delivery, and accurate recordkeeping. Ensure compliance with safety, quality and company policies.
Mentor staff and facilitate problem solving. Explain and demonstrate production procedures and techniques.
Assist with inventory control, packaging, warehousing, and production as needed. Support Lean business
practices in a continuous improvement environment.
- Leadership: Supervise daily production activities to ensure smooth workflow and quality production by
frequently monitoring workstations. Mentor staff and facilitate problem solving. Motivate and encourage
teamwork within the workforce and foster growth and development through effective informal and
annual performance appraisals.
- Safety: Ensure safety procedures are adhered to at all times including wearing appropriate personal
protective equipment, safe forklift/truck driving, safe handling of warehouse equipment/tools, and safe
- Quality: Ensure quality standards are maintained including compliance to ISO Quality Management
System and GMP procedures and policies. Review and analyze data to initiate actions that contain and
eliminate root causes of waste.
- On Time Delivery: Ensure inputs/outputs and labor are accounted for and documented in a timely
manner; ensure information is accurately documented into computer systems and recorded on work
orders, packaging, and daily logs in accordance with the production schedule.
- Efficiency: Ensure operators meet or exceed work standards for throughput.
- Training: Train operators to ensure machinery is operated in accordance with documented ISO
procedures and work instructions including packaging and special instructions.
This is not meant to be a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, and responsibilities. These items may change or new items may be assigned with or without notice.
Experience and Education Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent (some college preferred)
- Three years minimum manufacturing and/or warehouse experience
- Two years supervisory experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s) Required
- Good communication and people skills
- Good writing and business math skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in an organized manner
- Self-motivated and ability to work without direct supervision
- Ability to operate a forklift and pallet jack
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Bilingual with fluency in Spanish preferred
- Valid California Driver’s License and acceptable driving record
The physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Modified “light duty” restrictions may be arranged
as needed and when available for job-related injuries or illnesses.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk on normal and
uneven surfaces; lift/carry and push/pull up to 50 pounds; use hands for grasping/holding and repetitive motion;
twist/turn; and bend/squat. The employee is occasionally required to drive, climb stairs, and walk on uneven and
slippery surfaces; lift/carry and push/pull up to 100 pounds; use hands for writing/keyboarding; reach over
shoulders/head and outward; and kneel
Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.
Acute hearing is necessary for telephone and in-person communication with fellow employees, and visual acuity
sufficient to read a computer screen and paper documents.
This position typically functions in an industrial manufacturing environment and requires some forklift driving.
Exposures include dust, chemicals, heat/cold, allergens and moderate to loud noise levels.
EEO Policy Statement:
Gusmer Enterprises, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age,
sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Gusmer will also consider
requests for reasonable accommodations made by applicants and employees on an individualized basis,
including those based on disabilities and sincerely-held religious beliefs, where such accommodations do not
impose an undue burden on the business. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,
compensation and training.