Job Title: Facility & Grounds Maintenance
Employment Status: Full-Time
Work Schedule: Day / Swing
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Position Summary: Responsible for keeping assigned areas in a clean and orderly condition per Good Manufacturing Standards. Also responsible for M&E activities which includes basic machine maintenance and assisting maintenance personnel as required.
• Safety: Adhere to safety procedures at all times including wearing personal protective equipment, safe handling of custodial/warehouse equipment/tools, and safe lifting techniques.
• Facility GMP Cleaning: In adherence to GMP standards, perform cleaning duties per schedule. Duties include cleaning warehouse, mezzanines, walls, floors, storage areas, overhead fixtures and lights, waste barrels and trash cans, stairs & handrails, and facility perimeter. Also responsible for garbage/recycling collection. Perform other cleaning duties as assigned.
• Machine Maintenance: To assist and support maintenance staff as needed with planned and reactive maintenance, fabrication, installation and troubleshooting of plant equipment. As well as other maintenance work as assigned. Undertake training to gain full working knowledge in all aspects of Maintenance including preforming basic day to day maintenance on equipment including record keeping of work performed, learning to diagnose faults leading to repair, as well as maintaining facilities process equipment.
• Communication: Establish and maintain positive relationships with co-workers, supervisors, and managers by communicating in a respectful and professional manner. Deal with difficult situations with tact and resourcefulness. Respond to requests and provide pertinent information to achieve and maintain a positive team environment.
• Perform other related duties as required and assigned by Maintenance Supervisor.
This is not meant to be a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, and responsibilities. These items may change or new items may be assigned with or without notice.
Experience and Education Requirements
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Some industrial/mechanical awareness preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s) Required
• Exhibits good mechanical/electrical aptitude.
• Knowledge of basic tools utilized for equipment maintenance.
• Good communication and people skills.
• Ability to multi-task and work in an organized manner.
• Self-motivated and ability to work without direct supervision.
• Good verbal, reading, and writing skills.
The physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Modified “light duty” restrictions may be arranged as needed and when available for job-related injuries or illnesses.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk on normal and
uneven surfaces and sit; use hands for writing and keyboarding; lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
The employee is occasionally required to lift, carry, and push over 100 pounds in a team; stand, stoop, and bend; hand grip up to 20 pounds; and pinch up to 15 pounds. The employee is required to use a ladder to reach high areas for performing work. The employee may occasionally encounter uneven and/or slippery surfaces when in warehouse.
Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Acute hearing is necessary for telephone and in-person communication with customers and fellow employees, and visual acuity sufficient to read a computer screen and paper documents.
This position typically functions in a plant environment with some exterior building and grounds related work. Hot and cold conditions may exist depending on external weather conditions. There will be exposure to various cleaning chemicals, equipment lubricants, and wet and dusty conditions in the plant.
EEO Policy Statement:
Gusmer Enterprises, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Gusmer will also consider requests for reasonable accommodations made by applicants and employees on an individualized basis, including those based on disabilities and sincerely-held religious beliefs, where such accommodations do not impose an undue burden on the business. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.