Job Title: Director of Planning and Materials Management
Employment Status: Full-Time
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday with occasional weekends
Travel: Up to 50% travel between manufacturing locations and vendor visits
Reports to: Executive VP
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes
Working Location: Primarily remote but location at or near Waupaca WI, or Hickory, NC a plus.
Position Summary: Implement and lead the Sales, Inventory, and Operations Planning process for all inputs and outputs of media and molded products including media production. Drive Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning (SIOP) to improve order fulfillment and inventory turns.
- Develop the framework of a Master Production Schedule (MPS) to support the LRP/growth plans in a multisite operating environment and track subsequent results against the MPS.
- Proactively develop plans that economically distribute firmed and planned production between production facilities and coordinate activities with local production management.
- Determine safety stock and finished goods inventory carrying levels and schedules to support those plans.
- Develop/manage tools to support capacity analysis of short, mid, and long term planning including LRP (Long range Planning) forecasts.
- Provide visibility to needed capital investment to support the 3 year strategic plan.
- Adjust plans as needed based on production and sales performance.
- Establish and achieve fill rate and customer service metrics commitments.
- Develop the framework of a Materials Requirements Planning (MRP) system to support the LRP/growth plans in a multisite operating environment to be executed through the Supply Chain Manager and local purchasers.
- Participative role in Gusmer Enterprises, Inc. logistic planning and carrier selection.
- Active role in the selection and implementation of software programs (i.e. ERP, demand planning, warehouse management, etc.
This is not meant to be a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, and responsibilities. These items may change or new items may be assigned with or without notice.
Experience and Education Requirements
- BS in Operations Research & Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, or related field (MBA preferred).
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in supply chain, inventory, process flow, and operations roles in a manufacturing environment
- APICS Certification in Planning and Inventory Management (CPIM) or Supply Chain Management (CSCP) preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s) Required
- Strong planning and supply chain background and excellent analytical skills.
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact with all departments and levels of staff and management.
- Highly organized with strong problem solving skills.
- Self-starter that requires minimal direction.
- Proficient with Excel & Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with Aurora by Infor a plus.
- Valid Driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Covid-19 vaccination: Because business travel is an essential function of this position, Gusmer requires that any individual holding this position is fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and can show proof of same prior to commencing employment. This requirement is based on travel guidance and recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and is consistent with Gusmer’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and to safeguard the health of Gusmer’s employees and their families, its customers and visitors, and the community at large.