Job Title: Converting Operator
Employment Status: Full-Time
Work Schedule: Day / Swing / Grave
Reports to: Shift Supervisor
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Pay: $16 -$18
Position Summary: Perform all production tasks involved in filter sheet pad production. Responsibilities also include inspecting, packaging, forklift driving, and assisting other departments and workstations when required.
- Safety: Adhere to safety procedures at all times including wearing personal protective equipment, forklift driving, handling of production/warehouse equipment and tools, and use proper lifting techniques. Check to ensure work area is clean, safe, and free of mechanical problems. Work with safety and maintenance as applicable to correct all issues. Perform safety inspections on machinery as required. Maintain forklift driving certification.
- Quality: Adhere to all GMP and ISO compliance standards and participate in audit proceedings as necessary. Collaborate with the quality technicians to assure product quality specifications are met including the documentation of pertinent data electronically or manually in daily logs, journals or QC / manufacturing modules.
- Communication: Establish and maintain positive relationships with co-workers, supervisors, and managers by communicating in a respectful and professional manner. Deal with difficult situations with tact, resourcefulness, and respect. Respond to requests and provide pertinent information to achieve and maintain a positive team environment.
- Water Jet / Press: When operating the water jet, inspect machine as required and inspect cutting blocks for durability. Ensure dies are accurately programmed into the water jet computer. When operating the punch press, properly install dies manually and inspect dies for defects. For both operations, ensure WIP lots and grades match work order requirements. Inspect all WIP sheets for visual defects and inspect test cuts for proper measurement, alignment, and cut quality. Inspect pads for visual defects, including blowing off dust and debris. Package product as specified in the production work order in accordance to established work order procedures and ensure product label information is accurate. Book finished goods and broke into the ERP system.
- Assist: Assist with other manufacturing and plant operations as needed.
This is not meant to be a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, and responsibilities. These items may change or new items may be assigned with or without notice.
Experience and Education Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Manufacturing experience is not required, but preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s) Required
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in an organized manner.
- Self-motivated and ability to work without direct supervision.
- Ability to perform job-related reading, writing, and mathematics.
- Forklift certified and ability to operate a forklift and pallet jack preferred.
The physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Modified “light duty” restrictions may be arranged as needed and when available for job-related injuries or illnesses.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk on normal and
uneven surfaces and sit; use hands for writing and keyboarding; lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The employee is occasionally required to lift, carry, and push up to 65 pounds; stand, stoop, and bend; and hand grip up to 20 pounds. The employee is required to use a ladder to reach high areas for performing work. This position also requires hand coordination to operate a forklift and scissor lift. The employee may occasionally encounter uneven and/or slippery surfaces when in warehouse.
Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Acute hearing is necessary for telephone and in-person communication with customers and fellow employees, and visual acuity sufficient to read a computer screen and paper documents.
This position typically functions in a manufacturing and warehouse environment. Exposure to hot and cold temperatures is dependent on climate. Exposure to moderate noise levels, fumes, dust, chemicals, heat/cold, and allergens especially in the plant/warehouse environment.
EEO Policy Statement:
Gusmer Enterprises, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Gusmer will also consider requests for reasonable accommodations made by applicants and employees on an individualized basis, including those based on disabilities and sincerely-held religious beliefs, where such accommodations do not impose an undue burden on the business. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.