Job Title: Warehouse Manager
Employment Status: Full-Time
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday with occasional weekends
Travel: Required for training and execution of job duties
Reports to: Director of Manufacturing
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes
Apply on Indeed: Warehouse Manager – Fresno, CA 93721 – Indeed.com
Position Summary: The Warehouse Manager is responsible for the Shipping/Receiving/Warehouse Department in Fresno, CA. These responsibilities include the supervision of shipping/receiving employees, processes, systems tied to the receipt/dispatching and storage of all goods, ensuring inventories are handled, stored, and properly managed.
General knowledge of all products used and produced is necessary. Multitask effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; perform duties in a manner that maximizes profits with dedicated, competent, and strong leadership skills.
Essential Functions of the Warehouse Manager
- Business Objectives: Meet business objectives for the department regarding safety, quality, on-time delivery, and efficiency.
- Leadership: Maintain proper shipping/receiving staffing levels through coordinated efforts with production management. Hire qualified staff and contract employees when necessary to support efficient production levels. Motivate and encourage teamwork within the workforce and foster growth and development through training and performance guidance. Ensure department adheres to company policies/procedures, while motivating and developing staff.
- Receiving: Oversee receiving activities ensuring incoming freight is received in a good order and properly matched to the packing slip and purchase order. Oversee handling of damaged items or other inventory discrepancies ensuring that proper documentation is executed and appropriate personnel are notified immediately. Enter received inventory into designated system in an accurate and timely manner.
- Shipping: Oversee shipping activities ensuring outgoing freight is accurately pulled from stock, matches pick note, and shipped within specified time frame. Ensure that shipment weights are accurate and that all shipping documentation is in order including lot tracking before an order is loaded and released to the transportation company.
- Warehouse: Maintain clean and organized warehouse that maximizes space and adheres to health/safety requirements; store all incoming stock in the proper warehouse location; ensure properly turned stock in a FIFO system; take proper precautions securing warehouse contents against loss.
- Record Keeping: Properly maintain inventory transaction records in an organized and easily retrievable manner; properly record information maintaining accurate and legible documentation.
- Safety: Ensure safety procedures are adhered to at all times; handling of lift trucks, warehouse equipment/tools, lifting techniques, and wearing personal protective equipment as required. Ensuring safety of shipping/receiving staff. Ensure that forklift certification is maintained for department.
- Teamwork: Coordinate activities of the warehouse with activities of other departments (purchasing, sales, production, etc.) to provide products to customers in an accurately and timely manner; respond to requests and provided pertinent information to achieve and maintain a positive team environment.
- Communication: Establish and Maintain positive relationships with co-workers, management, customers, and drivers by communicating in a respectful and professional manner. Deal with difficult situations with tact and resourcefulness.
- Inventory: Manage the cycle counting program – develop policies/procedures and execute them to ensure 100% compliance to the requirements needed to maintain accurate inventory and timely notification of low stock and inventory irregularities are made.
- Assist: Actively assist workers in shipping and receiving activities as necessary to achieve business objectives. Assist management with other responsibilities as assigned.
- Meet daily with customer service to plan shipments and truck carriers to meet demand.
- Coordinate with corporate Materials Manager to leverage inbound/outbound freight costs and performance.
- Support accounting to resolve or explain inventory/cost discrepancies.
- Lead and participate in continuous improvement events.
- Maintaining Internal and External Business Contacts.
- Additional duties as assigned as assigned by Director of Manufacturing.
Experience and Education Requirements
- BA/BS degree in business, supply chain management, or production/operations management field.
- 5 years of warehouse management experience.
- Excellent understanding of warehouse management procedures.
- Proficient knowledge of inventory and inventory controls.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s) Requirements
- Computer system and analysis tools (ERP software, WMS, Excel, Word etc.).
- Presentation and meeting facilitation skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent leadership, organization, multitasking, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent planning and execution skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work with a diverse workgroup.
- Self-motivated and ability to work without direct supervision.
- Valid Driver’s license with acceptable driving record
- Ability to operate forklift effectively
The physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Modified “light duty” restrictions may be arranged as needed and when available for job-related injuries or illnesses.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk on normal and
uneven surfaces and sit; use hands for writing and keyboarding; lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The Warehouse Manager is occasionally required to lift, carry, and push up to 65 pounds; stand, stoop, and bend; and hand grip up to 20 pounds. The employee is required to use a ladder to reach high areas for performing work. The employee may occasionally encounter uneven and/or slippery surfaces when in warehouse.
Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Acute hearing is necessary for telephone and in-person communication with customers and fellow employees, and visual acuity sufficient to read a computer screen and paper documents.
The Warehouse Manager typically functions in a business environment with occasional trips into the warehouse or offsite storage entities. There will be exposure to moderate noise levels, fumes, dust, chemicals, heat/cold and allergens especially in warehouse environment.
EEO Policy Statement:
Gusmer Enterprises, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Gusmer will also consider requests for reasonable accommodations made by applicants and employees on an individualized basis, including those based on disabilities and sincerely-held religious beliefs, where such accommodations do not impose an undue burden on the business. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.