Job Title: QC Technician
Employment Status: Full-Time
Preferred Work Schedule: Swing Shift 3:00p.m. – 11:00p.m., Tuesday – Saturday
Reports to: QC Supervisor
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Position Summary: Responsible for accurately testing and approving incoming raw materials and manufactured products, according to standard procedures and specifications. Ensures quality through testing and inspecting at various stages of the production process and compiles and evaluates statistical data to determine and maintain quality. Assist production and R&D departments when required.
- Perform all quality control tests on raw materials and manufactured products in a timely and accurate
- manner per established guidelines and frequencies.
- Perform Quality Assurance tasks (weigh out verification, raw material receiving, and general GMP
- inspections) to assure blended products meet quality and food safety expectations.
- Collection of samples (Raw Materials, Validation, In-process and Finished product samples) for analytical
- Calibration, Cleaning and Maintenance of the laboratory equipment and instruments.
- Ensures the QC support in Manufacturing (Environment Monitoring) and Cleaning Verification/Validation
- Follow established health and safety procedures and policies.
- Perform LAL testing when needed and perform basic microbiological techniques.
- Contribute to laboratory cleanliness and biohazard removal.
- Other Duties
- Assists and coordinates the samples send to external laboratory for testing.
- Assists validations, studies and routine tests product development.
- Assists in OOS investigations, root cause analysis, and corrective action development.
- Maintenance of Laboratory inventory.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned by Quality Control Supervisor.
This is not meant to be a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, and responsibilities. These items may change or new items may be assigned with or without notice.
Experience and Education Requirements
- High School Graduate or Equivalent Required
- Bachelor’s Degree (Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology) preferred
- Proven Analytical Lab or Quality Control Lab experience
- Lab Skills Experience – pipetting, measuring, caliper (Required)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s) Required
- Familiar with Food Safety, Pharmacopeia’s and/or Regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of effective and safe laboratory and experimental procedures
- Knowledge of the proper use and preparation of chemicals and reagents
- Strong working knowledge of various mathematical concepts including fractions, ratios, and proportions
- Requires strong analytical ability to handle data and results
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent Oral and Written English communication skills
- Fluent in Microsoft Office word, Excel and PowerPoint
The physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Modified “light duty” restrictions may be arranged as needed and when available for job-related injuries or illnesses.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk on normal and uneven surfaces and sit; use hands for writing and keyboarding; lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to lift, carry, and push up to 50 pounds; stand, stoop, and bend. The employee may occasionally encounter uneven and/or slippery surfaces when in warehouse.
Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Acute hearing is necessary for telephone and in-person communication with customers and fellow employees, and visual acuity sufficient to read a computer screen and paper documents.
This position typically functions in a laboratory, office, and production environment. Working environment includes exposure to moderate to high noise levels, fumes, dust, chemicals, and allergens.
EEO Policy Statement:
Gusmer Enterprises, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Gusmer will also consider requests for reasonable accommodations made by applicants and employees on an individualized basis, including those based on disabilities and sincerely held religious beliefs, where such accommodations do not impose an undue burden on the business. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.