Gusmer is a family owned business, established in 1924, which supports essential businesses in beverage, food and pharmaceutical manufacturing. We highly value our employees and are looking for motivated candidates for our manufacturing production department that will help us achieve our vision to create and deliver success through experience and innovative solutions.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday and occasional weekends
Travel: Overnight up to 40%
Reports to: Director of West Coast Sales – Beverage
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Responsible for technical sales, including the promotion, sale, and support of products and
services. Primary territory will be Southern California, Arizona, and New Mexico. Beverage accounts include
winery, brewery, distillery, and juice accounts plus any other industry allied accounts.
- Develop new business and maintain existing business in the prescribed territory. This is achieved through
direct and regular contact with the customer base to introduce and sell new products, maintain the sales of
current products, and provide the necessary technical support to satisfy the customer.
- Become proficient in Gusmer Enterprise product lines and customer processes.
- Identify and develop new customers and sales opportunities in the territory.
- Forecast sales for the territory and achieve performance goals.
- Prepare quotes and technical information. Create special programs to meet the customer needs.
- Interface with suppliers, R&D, other salespeople, customer service, and distributors to support trials,
experiments, marketing requirements, and sales to customers as required.
- Conduct on site production and laboratory trials as required.
- Assist in the development and implementation of general marketing campaigns as required.
- Assist with product development.
- Assist with technical seminars for customers and academic programs as required.
- Assist with anything else that comes under the scope of general sales and marketing.
This is not meant to be a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, and responsibilities. These items may
change, or new items may be assigned with or without notice.
Experience and Education Requirements
- BS/MS in fermentation/food science or suitable experience, with an understanding of basic
- 5+ years of experience in sales or selling environment, with a strong commercial sense and effective selling,
negotiating, and closing skills.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s) Required
- Knowledge of beverage processing (brewing, wine, distilling, and juice).
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This
includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control
- Strong communication and people skills.
- Excellent organization and multi-tasking skills with proven ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work well with diverse customers.
- Ability to be self-motivated and work without direct supervision.
- Ability to successfully collaborate with team members and other departments.
To Apply Please Email: [email protected]