Job Title: Quality Control Lab Technician
Employment Status: Full Time
Work Schedule: Third shift (10:00 pm to 6:00 am)
Reports to: Quality Manager
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Pay: $19.00/hour plus $0.50/hour third shift differential
Position Summary: The QC lab technician works in a process manufacturing environment and is responsible for accurately testing and approving incoming raw materials and manufactured products according to standard procedures and specifications. The technician is responsible for data entry for all production samples and retainment. Occasionally, the technicians assist and support R&D with the testing and analysis of materials. The ability to manage multiple competing priorities while maintaining a sense of urgency is required for this position.
- Quality Control: Perform calibration checks for all QC-related equipment. Generating Quality certificates where required for the product or customer. To perform all quality control tests on production and raw material. General maintenance and clean-up of the Quality Control lab and wet testing area.
- Support and Communication: Supporting Research and Development with lab requests and testing. Communicate test results to the production floor.
- Data Entry and Materials Approval: Data entry of physical properties in the Quality System. Approving raw materials for use by production and finished goods shipment to the customer.
- Must be able to use all test equipment properly.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
This is not meant to be a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, and responsibilities. These items may change, or new items may be assigned with or without notice.
Experience and Education Requirements
- Four years of high school or equivalent degree or HSED required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s) Required
- Basic math and computer
Reaching above the head level and outward from the body is required for some tests.
Laboratory environment. Hot and cold may exist based on external weather conditions. Test methods include use of heat, water, chemicals, and odors.
EEO Policy Statement:
Gusmer Enterprises, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Gusmer will also consider requests for reasonable accommodations made by applicants and employees on an individualized basis, including those based on disabilities and sincerely held religious beliefs, where such accommodations do not impose an undue burden on the business. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.