Job Title: Production Operations Admin
Employment Status: Full-Time
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday
Travel: Required for training and execution of job duties
Reports to: Director of Production Operations
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Position Summary: Support the Production Operations team with projects and administrative tasks.
• Production Work Orders: Make work order packets, labels, pallet tags, and data sheets for all production operations according to the corresponding production schedule. Review completed work orders for accuracy and GDP practices. Clear work order variances and make corrections to ERP bookings, as necessary.
• Inventory Control: Research inventory discrepancies regularly and initiate cycle counts for raw material inventory irregularities. Coordinate counting control groups for broke inventory with production manager and material handlers.
• Filing: Close, organize, and file work orders daily. Maintain filing system for all production work orders in accordance with company’s ISO filing procedures and timeframes. Additionally manage filing for production operation checklists, COVID cleaning checklists, maintenance checklists, and others, added as necessary.
• Materials Management Support: Run ad hoc reports as needed for meetings and periodically back-up the Materials Manager creating work orders and responding to IIS lead time requests for manufactured items.
• Other Administrative Tasks: Manage conference room reservations and catering services as necessary for special events and updating the breakroom video monitor.
• External Contracting Services: Manage external contracting services for janitorial, production uniforms, and water delivery. Ensure janitorial supplies are ordered in a timely manner and dispersed appropriately by building, and schedule additional cleaning services as needed. Order uniforms and cancel services as needed. Oversee water delivery activities including invoicing and accurate billing.
• Building Security: Make, issue, and deactivate access control badges for all employees and contract workers as needed.
This is not meant to be a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, and responsibilities. These items may change or new items may be assigned with or without notice.
Experience and Education Requirements
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Good Microsoft Office skills – Word, Excel, Outlook
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s) Required
• Familiarity with manufacturing environments
• Strong communication skills – written / verbal
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Organized, self-motivated, able to multi-task and work with minimal supervision
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment, with multiple (and potentially changing) priorities at one time
• Valid Driver’s license with acceptable driving record
The physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Modified “light duty” restrictions may be arranged as needed and when available for job-related injuries or illnesses. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk on normal and uneven surfaces; lift/carry and push/pull up to 50 pounds; use hands for grasping/holding and repetitive motion; twist/turn; and bend/squat. The employee is occasionally required to drive, climb stairs, and walk on uneven and slippery surfaces; lift/carry and push/pull up to 100 pounds; use hands for writing/keyboarding; reach over shoulders/head and outward; and kneel. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Acute hearing is necessary for telephone and in-person communication with fellow employees, and visual acuity sufficient to read a computer screen and paper documents.
This position typically functions in an industrial manufacturing environment. Exposures include dust, chemicals, heat/cold, allergens and moderate to loud noise levels.
EEO Policy Statement:
Gusmer Enterprises, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Gusmer will also consider requests for reasonable accommodations made by applicants and employees on an individualized basis, including those based on disabilities and sincerely-held religious beliefs, where such accommodations do not impose an undue burden on the business. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.