Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Employment Status: Full Time
Work Schedule: Third Shift
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Position Summary: The Maintenance Technician supports the needs of all departments, within the scope of duties, assigned to them by Maintenance Management. The Maintenance Technician must be able to work cooperatively with other maintenance personnel, production, engineering, R&D, quality, and contractors. This position is responsible for maintaining and promoting a safe and clean work environment.
- Maintenance: Perform maintenance on production equipment. Perform independently, use experience to guide actions, and recommend solutions to complex repair/service issues. Break-down, clean, and reassemble tooling as part of a periodic maintenance plan. Fitting and assembling of supply and discharge piping. Perform fabrication, installation, and troubleshooting of plant equipment and building infrastructure.
- Instructions and Records: Read and interpret blueprints, verbal or written instructions, sketches, schematics, or copy parts to be utilized/fitted. Maintain accurate and up to date records of equipment maintenance, materials used, and time required.
- Equipment and Tools: Use of standard hand tools, precision measuring tools and gauges, cranes, boring machines, and other typical repair or troubleshooting equipment. Using precision measuring tools and gauges to perform inspection of equipment. Planning and setting up of various shop tools taking into consideration type of material, tolerances, and desired finish.
- Collaboration: Assist engineering, maintenance, and contractors in the design, production, and installation of new or retrofit equipment. Recommend incorporation of new technology where feasible and practical. Track, maintain, and perform preventative maintenance of process, assembly, and testing equipment. During this process make minor repairs to tools and equipment as needed and notify proper personnel of required major maintenance. The Maintenance Technician will need to communicate and work well with all Gusmer Enterprises, Inc. employees, customers, and auditors as well as treat them with respect.
- Other technical or research work as may be assigned.
- May be required to attend classes, shows, and other events to expand knowledge and capabilities.
- Required to work on all production equipment as assigned or needed.
- May be called upon to transport tools and equipment to other vendors as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
This is not meant to be a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, and responsibilities. These items may change, or new items may be assigned with or without notice.
Experience and Education Requirements
- Technical certificate in an electrical or mechanical related field, or practical maintenance experience in lieu of education.
- Mechanical and electrical troubleshooting experience preferred.
- Fabrication experience is preferred.
- Forklift/fork truck experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s) Required
- Demonstrated ability to learn through attendance or participation in assigned or personal interest in professional development opportunities.
- Ability to work within a team setting as well as work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to understand drawings, schematics, blueprints, written notes, and instructions as given.
- Electrical and mechanical troubleshooting knowledge and repair ability.
- Knowledge of basic tools utilized for equipment and facility maintenance.
- Ability to use Microsoft office for record keeping, other computer programs, and technology.
- A quality focus, good verbal, and written communication skills. .
- Ability to use basic mechanical tools, electrical equipment, test equipment, power tools, machine tools, forklift, scissor lift, and floor scrubber.
Will require lifting of weights up to 35lbs; pushing of weights over 100lbs in a team situation. Climbing ladders, reaching, and stretching is also required.
Majority of work is in a plant environment, with some exterior building and grounds related work; hot and cold conditions may exist depending on external weather conditions. Exposure to various cleaning chemicals and equipment lubricants. Will be exposed to wet and dusty conditions in the plant.
EEO Policy Statement:
Gusmer Enterprises, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Gusmer will also consider requests for reasonable accommodations made by applicants and employees on an individualized basis, including those based on disabilities and sincerely held religious beliefs, where such accommodations do not impose an undue burden on the business. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.