Job Title: Line/Pulper Operator
Employment Status: Full-Time
Work Schedule: Grave Shift 11:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m. Sunday Night – Thursday Night; ability to work overtime and weekends as needed.
Hourly Pay Range: $19 to $25
Reports to: Shift Supervisor
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Position Summary: Perform all production tasks involved in pad and sub-assembly (WIP) production.
Responsibilities also include inspecting, packaging, forklift driving, and assisting other departments and workstations when required.
- Safety: Adhere to safety procedures at all times including wearing personal protective equipment, forklift driving, handling of production/warehouse equipment and tools, and lifting techniques. Perform safety inspections on machinery as required. Maintain forklift driving certification.
- Quality: Adhere to all GMP and ISO compliance standards and participate in audit proceedings as necessary. Collaborate with the quality technicians to assure product quality specifications are met including the documentation of pertinent data electronically or manually in daily logs / journals.
- Line Operator: Through specialized knowledge and resourcefulness achieve on-grade product.
Accurately weigh raw materials according to work order requirements; match each batch to TBS (TotalBatch System) line settings from last production run (amperage, temperature, speed, etc.); refine batches per QC’s instructions; frequently monitor thickness and communicate with QC regarding on- grade issues; frequently check for visual defects such as pinholes promptly notifying Stack/Lpress operators of issues.
Pulper Operator: Complete pulping operation within the time prescribed for each batch. Accurately pull broke lots per QC instructions; inspect raw materials, plastic pallets, and broke bins for defects; accurately weigh broke and pulp per work order instructions by designated lot quantities; assist line operator by accurately weighing, dumping and mixing DE.
- Rotary/Stack: Properly inspect dies for defects; inspect each cavity cut at the beginning of each run and each shift for cleanliness, proper measurement and cut quality; inspect test cuts for proper measurement and cut quality; inspect each pad/sheet for visual defects while blowing dust and debris from product. Package product as specified in the production work order in accordance to established work order procedures and ensure product label information is accurate.
- Communication: Establish and maintain positive relationships with co-workers, supervisors, and managers by communicating in a respectful and professional manner. Deal with difficult situations with tact and resourcefulness. Respond to requests and provide pertinent information to achieve and maintain a positive team environment.
- Assist: Offer to assist other operators as necessary. Performa random or annual counts to assure inventory accuracy and inform supervisor of inventory discrepancies. Help train new operators in standard operation protocols.
This is not meant to be a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, and responsibilities. These items may change or new items may be assigned with or without notice.
Experience and Education Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Min. two years production experience
- Forklift Certified and ability to operate a forklift and pallet jack
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s) Required
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in an organized manner
- Self-motivated and ability to work without direct supervision
- Ability to perform job-related reading, writing, and mathematics
- Basic Computer skills
The physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Modified “light duty” restrictions may be arranged as needed and when available for job-related injuries or illnesses.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk on normal and uneven surfaces; lift/carry and push/pull up to 50 pounds; use hands for grasping/holding and repetitive motion; twist/turn; and bend/squat. The employee is occasionally required to drive, climb stairs, and walk on uneven and slippery surfaces; lift/carry and push/pull up to 100 pounds; use hands for writing/keyboarding; reach over shoulders/head and outward; and kneel
Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Acute hearing is necessary for telephone and in-person communication with fellow employees, and visual acuity sufficient to read a computer screen and paper documents.
This position typically functions in an industrial manufacturing environment and requires some forklift driving.
Exposures include dust, chemicals, heat/cold, allergens and moderate to loud noise levels.
EEO Policy Statement:
Gusmer Enterprises, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Gusmer will also consider requests for reasonable accommodations made by applicants and employees on an individualized basis, including those based on disabilities and sincerely-held religious beliefs, where such accommodations do not impose an undue burden on the business. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.