Job Title: Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
Employment Status: Full-Time
Work Schedule: Swing shift 3:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m., ability to work overtime including weekends and holidays and available to work on-call
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Pay: $31 to $35 per hour
Position Summary: Responsible for repairs and maintenance of machinery and mechanical equipment, such as engines, motors, conveyor systems, and production machines and equipment, using hand tools, power tools, and precision measuring and testing instruments. Responsible for maintaining building, grounds, trucks and material handling equipment.
· Safety Repairs: Be attentive to potential safety hazards and make appropriate repairs to maintain OSHA compliance. Responsible to keep work areas clean and orderly applying 5S techniques.
· Downtime Repairs: Ensure production downtime is minimized through effective trouble shooting, diagnosis and repair of machinery. Identify downtime cause and find solution to prevent reoccurrence when applicable.
· Recordkeeping: Maintain accurate and up to date records of equipment, materials used and time required. Track, maintain and perform preventative maintenance of process, assembly and testing equipment. During this process make minor repairs to tools and equipment as needed and notify proper personnel of required major maintenance.
· Preventative Maintenance: Complete weekly preventative maintenance assignments while properly prioritizing workload. Execute all listed check points and notify supervisor if any deviations were deemed appropriate. Perform quality work using sound judgment that is reasonable to task being performed while adhering to all safety and quality procedures.
· Building / Grounds Maintenance: Complete assigned building maintenance tasks including but not limited to required plumbing, electrical and HVAC repairs.
· Equipment / Process Improvement: Complete assigned projects, being attentive and solutions driven and recommending possible process improvements that will increase efficiencies and production quality.
· Knowledge: Become and remain proficient in skills required to keep plant equipment and building in good working order including lubrication, plumbing, electrical, fabrication, hydraulics, welding and carpentry. Become and remain knowledgeable of plant equipment.
· Communication: Establish and maintain positive relationships in the workplace by communicating in a respectful and professional manner. Actively communicate with other maintenance staff passing down relevant information to ensure smooth workflow. Confer with production staff to solve maintenance issues as necessary.
· Equipment Support: Assist in the design, install and update of new or existing equipment.
This is not meant to be a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, and responsibilities. These items may change or new items may be assigned with or without notice.
Experience and Education Requirements
· High School Graduate
· Technical Certification preferred
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience or equivalent education in mechanical, electrical, or automation
· Experience with CMMS systems preferred
· Experience in food safety standards preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s) Required
· Versatile abilities including: pneumatics, machining, electrical, plumbing, fabrication, etc.
· Ability to multi-task and work in an organized manner
· Self-motivated and ability to work without direct supervision
· Excellent problem-solving skills and troubleshooting skills
· Knowledge of tools instrumentation and test equipment for maintenance equipment
· Ability to read blueprints and schematics
· Good verbal and written communication and people skills
· Advanced knowledge of customary mechanical tools and equipment
· Working knowledge of MS Office suite software (Word, Excel & Outlook)
The physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Modified “light duty” restrictions may be arranged
as needed and when available for job-related injuries or illnesses.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk on normal and
uneven surfaces and sit; use hands for writing and keyboarding; lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
The employee is occasionally required to lift, carry, and push over 100 pounds in a team; stand, stoop, and bend; hand grip up to 20 pounds; and pinch up to 15 pounds. The employee is required to use a ladder to reach high areas for performing work. The employee may occasionally encounter uneven and/or slippery surfaces when in warehouse.
Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Acute hearing is necessary for telephone and in-person communication with customers and fellow employees, and visual acuity sufficient to read a computer screen and paper documents.
This position typically functions in a plant environment with some exterior building and grounds related work. Hot and cold conditions may exist depending on external weather conditions. There will be exposure to various cleaning chemicals, equipment lubricants, and wet and dusty conditions in the plant.
EEO Policy Statement:
Gusmer Enterprises, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Gusmer will also consider requests for reasonable accommodations made by applicants and employees on an individualized basis, including those based on disabilities and sincerely-held religious beliefs, where such accommodations do not impose an undue burden on the business. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.