Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Location: Hickory, North Carolina
Employment Status: Full-Time
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday with occasional weekends
Travel: Occasional for execution of job duties
Reports to: Director of Human Resources
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes
Pay: $70,000 to $90,000
Position Summary: The Human Resource Manager will lead and direct the routine functions of the North Carolina Human Resources department which includes overseeing the activities of hiring, payroll, benefits, leaves of absences, talent management, performance management, and enforcement of company policies and practices. This position will also oversee general administrative functions and activities for the Hickory, NC office. Additionally, this position will provide HR oversight for our New Jersey location. Must have experience in employee relations and HR compliance.
- Lead and supervise human resources and general administrative activities. Motivate and encourage teamwork and foster growth and development through effective training and performance guidance. Keep department motivated by providing an environment of autonomy, challenge, and purpose.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, review policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Work closely with management and supervisor teams to understand and assess human resource needs and to ensure regulation compliance.
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives that are aligned with organizational objectives.
- Provide support and guidance with sensitive questions and issues.
- Create learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Oversee career development, promotions, and succession planning.
- Oversee hiring and onboarding programs.
- Nurture a positive work environment and oversee employee suggestion programs and surveys.
- Manage leave of absences.
- Oversee employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Oversee performance evaluation systems and identify improvement and training needs.
- Conduct compensation surveys and development of pay scales.
- Ensure proper file retention and maintenance.
- Manage insurance benefit renewals and open enrollment.
- Manage general office administrative functions.
- Oversee company events including celebrations, community involvement, wellness, etc.
- Perform other HR management duties as assigned.
This is not meant to be a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, and responsibilities. These items may change or new items may be assigned with or without notice.
Experience and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field required, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of three years of human resources management experience required.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- SHRM-CP / SHRM-SCP or PHR / SPHR preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s) Required
- Excellent leadership and motivation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and HRIS systems.
- Valid Driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
The physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Modified “light duty” restrictions may be arranged as needed and when available for job-related injuries or illnesses.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk on normal surfaces and sit; use hands for writing and keyboarding; lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to lift, carry, and push up to 20 lbs.; stand, stoop and bend, and walk on uneven surfaces. Specific vision abilities required by this job include visual acuity sufficient to read a computer screen and paper documents. Acute hearing is necessary for phone and in-person communication with fellow employees and staffing agencies.
This position typically functions in a business environment with occasional trips into the warehouse and production areas. There will be exposure to moderate noise levels, fumes, dust, chemicals, heat/cold and allergens especially in the warehouse and production environments.
EEO Policy Statement:
Gusmer Enterprises, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Gusmer will also consider requests for reasonable accommodations made by applicants and employees on an individualized basis, including those based on disabilities and sincerely-held religious beliefs, where such accommodations do not impose an undue burden on the business. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.