Job Title: General Production Employment Status: Full-Time Classification: Non-exempt
Work Schedule: Swing Shift 3:00p.m. – 11:00p.m., Monday – Friday with as needed weekends
Reports to: Shift Supervisor
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Position Summary: Perform production tasks that may include fiber milling, pad production, or sub-assembly (WIP) production. Responsibilities also include inspection and packaging. Additional responsibilities include forklift driving and assisting other departments and workstations when required.
- Safety: Adhere to safety procedures at all times including wearing personal protective equipment, forklift driving, handling of production/warehouse equipment and tools, and lifting Perform safety inspections on machinery as required. Maintain forklift driving certification.
- Quality: Adhere to all GMP and ISO compliance standards and participate in audit proceedings as necessary. Collaborate with the quality technicians to assure product quality specifications are met including the documentation of pertinent data electronically or manually in daily logs / journals.
- Sprout: Adhere to work order instructions for proper screen and raw material selection; frequently inspect product for defects including performing visual exams (water test) to ensure fiber is being milled to proper mill size, checking color ensuring fiber isn’t tinted, performing olfactory checks for burnt odor, and checking J3 spraying ensuring proper mist dissipation. Efficiencies: Produce product at run speed indicated on work order; promptly notify QC of J3 spraying problems.
- Water Jet: Inspect machine as required; inspect cutting blocks for durability; ensure WIP lots and grades match work order requirements; inspect all WIP sheets for visual defects; accurately program dies and inspect test cuts for proper measurement, alignment, and cut quality; inspect pads for visual defects including blowing off dust and debris.
- Punch Press/Rotary/Stack: Inspect dies for defects; inspect each cavity cut at the beginning of each run and each shift for cleanliness, proper measurement and cut quality; inspect test cuts for proper measurement and cut quality; inspect each pad/sheet for visual defects while blowing off dust and debris. Package product as specified in the production work order in accordance to established work order procedures and ensure product label is attached properly and information is accurate.
- Oak: Adhere to work order instructions for proper raw material selection and inspect raw material for defects; frequently monitor temperature ensuring product is produced within established temperature range; frequently inspect product for extreme color differences; clean room and beams to prevent dust buildup on a regular basis and complete all checklists pertaining to oak production.
- Communication: Establish and maintain positive relationships with co-workers, supervisors, and managers by communicating in a respectful and professional Deal with difficult situations with tact and resourcefulness. Respond to requests and provide pertinent information to achieve and maintain a positive team environment.
- Assist: Offer to assist other operators as Perform random or annual counts to assure inventory accuracy and inform supervisor of inventory discrepancies. Help train new operators in standard operation protocols.
This is not meant to be a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, and responsibilities. These items may change or new items may be assigned with or without notice.
Experience and Education Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- two years production experience
- Forklift Certified and ability to operate a forklift and pallet jack
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s) Required
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in an organized manner
- Self-motivated and ability to work without direct supervision
- Ability to perform job-related reading, writing, and mathematics
- Basic Computer skills
The physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Modified “light duty” restrictions may be arranged as needed and when available for job-related injuries or illnesses.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk on normal and uneven surfaces; lift/carry and push/pull up to 50 pounds; use hands for grasping/holding and repetitive motion; twist/turn; and bend/squat. The employee is occasionally required to drive, climb stairs, and walk on uneven and slippery surfaces; lift/carry and push/pull up to 100 pounds; use hands for writing/keyboarding; reach over shoulders/head and outward; and kneel
Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Acute hearing is necessary for telephone and in-person communication with fellow employees, and visual acuity sufficient to read a computer screen and paper documents.
This position typically functions in an industrial manufacturing environment and requires some forklift driving. Exposures include dust, chemicals, heat/cold, allergens and moderate to loud noise levels.
EEO Policy Statement:
Gusmer Enterprises, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Gusmer will also consider requests for reasonable accommodations made by applicants and employees on an individualized basis, including those based on disabilities and sincerely-held religious beliefs, where such accommodations do not impose an undue burden on the business. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.